- Email: email@example.com
- Phone Ext.:
$35/30 Minute Lesson
$52.50/45 Minute Lesson
$70/60 Minute Lesson
Aaron Cherry has taught Electric and Acoustic guitar for almost 20 years. He started with piano lessons as a child and has continued growing musically on several instruments including drums, bass, and piano. He began teaching guitar privately in college while studying jazz at University of North Carolina Wilmington with “master guitarist” Bob Russell, as well as in Boston working with colleagues at Berklee College of Music. While predominantly a Rock guitarist, Aaron brings elements of Jazz, Blues, R&B, Soul, Latin, Reggae, Progressive, Metal, Folk, and Bluegrass music to both his performing and teaching. Currently Aaron is working on a startup project producing a solo album in his home studio.
Aaron employs a practical and pragmatic teaching style designed to give students tools to begin making music. Building good habits while adding building blocks over successive lessons allows the student to overcome their weaknesses and make progress toward their musical goals. Regardless of the student’s experience, Aaron can customize a program designed to take the next step and welcomes the opportunity to work with all ages and skill levels.
Lesson topics include but are not limited to:
· Proper positioning, basic technique and fundamentals
· First position chords, bar chord, chord extensions and alterations, position progressions
· Scales, modes, lead techniques
· Developing speed and accuracy, left and right hand techniques and exercises
· Developing a personal style and to achieve a unique sound
· Music theory and composition
· Equipment masterclass, using gear effectively and getting the most from your rig