ViolinYamaha YEV-104 Natural Wood Electric Violin
Retails for: $875Discount: (32%) $280SALE Price: $595
Inspired by craft and design elements of Yamaha acoustic guitars, Yamaha set out to design a new kind of electric violin made primarily from wooden materials. This instrument takes a design cue from both violin and acoustic guitar shapes, creating a beautiful yet amazingly lightweight instrument made with six different woods. These wood materials are carefully crafted with an airy infinity loop-like design, representing the dimensions of acoustic space, and is as stunning visually as it is fun to play. Using a unique Yamaha bridge pickup that carries over from professional Yamaha Silent Violins, this instrument delivers a smooth, organic and warm tone. The design incorporates a simple ¼” input to match the clean and natural aesthetic of this innovative electric violin.
- Möbius strip-like shape provides continuity between front and back. Three-dimensional form is designed to appeal to the audience when performing live.
- The lightweight design, natural touch points and curves allow the player to effortlessly move between the YEV and a standard acoustic violin. The instrument’s shape allows for most standard shoulder, chin rests and tailpieces.
- Maple, mahogany and spruce body produces a rich, strong tone as the bow grips the string.
- Professional-grade bridge pickup carried over from the Silent Violin Pro series design. While effectively picking up the sound of the entire instrument, it also captures the instrument’s attack and the players’ expressive bowing nuances.
- On-board volume control bypass selects direct output of the pickup signal, or output via the instrument’s volume control. Direct output delivers the instrument’s full sonic potential, with rich lows and punchy impact.